Marvel Studios presents “Eternals,” the 25th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and an all-new adventure introducing 10 Super Heroes never seen before on screen, releasing this Diwali 5th November in 6 languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
“Eternals” follows a group of heroes from beyond the stars who have protected the Earth since the dawn of man. When monstrous creatures called the Deviants, long thought lost to history, mysteriously return, the Eternals are forced to reunite in order to defend humanity once again. Marvel Studios’ “Eternals” stars Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lia McHugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee with Kit Harington, with Salma Hayek and Academy Award–winner Angelina Jolie. The film is produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, and directed by Chloé Zhao, who won this year’s best director Academy Award for “Nomadland.”
The Eternals are a race of immortal aliens from the distant planet Olympia who arrived on Earth thousands of years ago to protect humanity from a race of alien predators called the Deviants. The Eternals on Earth are a diverse and powerful group—a combination of thinkers and fighters, sharing the same cosmic energy, which manifests itself in different powers within each individual. When they work together these powers complement each other. When they are off-duty, they act like any other dysfunctional family group, supporting one another and squabbling in equal measures.
The prevailing threat of the evil Deviants, which once again threatens the existence of mankind, means the Eternals need to put their differences aside and regroup. Audiences will discover a corner of the Marvel universe they’ve never seen before, a mythology that is a challenging sci-fi movie but also has a human heart, with ten heroes they can relate to. According to experts and fan theories, the Eternals are even more powerful than the Avengers, with bigger superpowers!
The “Eternals” Super Hero line-up is the MCU’s biggest ensemble cast of new characters to date in one movie. It is also unique because the group is made up of an equal number of men and women, and it is the most international and diverse cast to date.
The 10 Eternals played by the diverse group of super-talented actors:
- Gemma Chanplays Sersi, a humankind-loving Eternal who lives in London and works at the Natural History Museum.
- Richard Madden (of Game Of Thrones fame)is Ikaris, a strong, serious, mission-centered Eternal with great strength.
- Salma Hayekportrays Ajak, the matriarch of the Eternals.
- Angelina Jolietakes the role of Thena, a powerful fighter and warrior.
- Barry Keoghan plays Druig, an intense Eternal who has the power to control minds.
- Kumail Nanjiani is Kingo, an outgoing Eternalwith attitude and flair.
- Brian Tyree Henrysteps into the role of Phastos, a master inventor and technopath.
- Don Lee (Ma Dong-Seok) plays the kindGilgamesh, who possesses great strength but is a fun-loving soul.
- Lauren Ridloff takes on Makkari, who is the fastest woman in the universe.
- Lia McHugh plays Sprite, who despite being thousands of years old, exists through time as a 12-year-old girl.
Representing humanity, Kit Harington plays Dane Whitman, who is not an Eternal. He works at the Natural History Museum in present-day London and has a special connection with Sersi.
“We have an incredibly talented, unique and diverse cast,” comments Director Chloe Zhao. “The characters they portray and the journey and transformation they go through in this film represent the many different aspects of human nature and the complicated duality within all of us.”
Marvel Studios Eternals in cinemas on 5th November in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam