- Hold your breath and meet Sikander aka Salman Khan in this all-new poster of Race 3
- Sara Ali Khan- The Simmba girl
- Mohini aka Jacqueline is ready to steal your heart with Ek Do Teen from Baaghi 2
- Bhushan Kumar & Remo D’Souza team up for India’s biggest dance film starring Varun Dhawan and Katrina Kaif
- Bharti Singh and Harsh visited Pets NGO 'Animal Matter to Me'
While we are all gearing up for the trailer of the much-awaited film October, we wonder how the debutant actress Banita Sandhu, who will share screen space with Varun Dhawan was identified.
Little does anyone know that Shoojit Sircar and Banita have already worked together in a commercial before. The beautiful story telling of the Doublemint’s “Ek Ajnabee Haseena Se” song was directed by Shoojit Sircar and had Banita play the female lead. The entire song depicts love but only with expressions, which made a lot of when it was launched.
When Shoojit Sircar met her for the shoot of the ad, he was instantly convinced that Banita was the perfect choice for the film.
Shoojit Sircar shared, “Everyone was in awe of Banita from the chewing gum commercial which I had directed. While I was shooting the ad film, Juhi Chaturvedi and I were also working on the script of October. One day, I clicked a picture of Banita and sent it to Juhi saying, ‘She has the potential to fit into the character that we are looking at’.”
Once the script was completed and the director had finalised Varun Dhawan for the role, he reached out to Banita to ask her to join the October team. Shoojit further adds, “Juhi, Ronnie and I zeroed in on her and were sure that, she is the girl we should go for. My casting director also felt that she was the right person for this character.”
Her performance in the film is so captivating, that, October will mark a huge milestone for Banita.