- Shafaq Naaz makes a comeback on Colors Show Mahakali post transformation
- Everest Entertainment’s much awaited Marathi movie “Aamhi Doghi" to Release on 23rd February
- Shakti Arora arrived to India for a really special occasion
- Abhishek Kapoor has another fallout - this time with KriArj Entertainment & T-Series !
- Child artist Kavya Ramani takes a short break from work to pursue her hobbies
After a two-year long hiatus, Shabnam Syed is all set to once again make her presence felt on the small screen in Zee TV’s HITLER DIDI. The talented actress, who carved a niche for herself with her popular roles in Jassi Jaise Koi Nahi, Milli and Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai, will be seen in a completely new avatar – as a young woman married to a much older husband.
“I play the wife of a person whose daughter is of my age,” says Shabnam. The character, she says, has a lot of grey shades and is interesting as well as challenging. “Usually, an older husband feels insecure when he is married to a younger woman,” opines Shabnam. “But in this case, it is my character who feels insecure in this relationship. Consequently, she becomes very possessive about him.”
Besides the role’s complexity, another challenge is speaking in a different accent. “I am required to speak with a Bangla accent which has made things that much more challenging for me, as I am not familiar with the language. However, both the writer and director have helped me a lot in picking up the language and I don’t have any problem with it now.”